Although a required component of the doctoral student experience, residency weekends (also known as Immersion Weekends) are wonderful opportunities for academic enrichment as well as socialization with faculty and fellow students.
In addition to keynote presentations given by some of the sharpest minds in the field of global leadership, students are given opportunities to network in formal and informal settings, witness live dissertation defenses, and attend workshops specialized to their current academic level and interest. Workshop sessions typically cover topics such as quantitative and qualitative research, identifying the research gap, career development and publishing, academic writing, conference preparation, and global trends in both organizational management and academic administration. Students are also given opportunities to interact with faculty concerning development of the qualifying paper and dissertation.
If you have any comments or questions on residency highlights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous residency weekend themes have included:
- Current Issues in Higher Education: The Global Executive Perspective – March 2017
- Africa at a Crossroads: Challenges and Opportunities for a New Generation of Leaders – September 2016
- Women Global Leaders as Change Agents in Scholarship and Practice – April 2016
- Emerging Realities of Global Leadership: Driving the Next Five Years of Research and Practice – September 2015
- Multi-level Influence of Global Context: Government Realities and Expatriate Assignments – April 2015
- Metacognition: Thinking about Thinking – September 2014
- Systemic Understanding in an Interconnected World – April 2014
- Global Followers: An Answer to Organizational Success? – September 2013
- Is Culture an Essential Element of Global Leadership? Research and Debate – April 2013
- Global Leadership Realties: From Embracing Culture to Understanding Complexity – September 2012
- Looking Forward: Advances in Global Leadership and Your Professional Career – April 2012
- Cultural Intelligence and Theory Development – September 2011
Global Leadership Video Series
Indiana Tech’s Ph.D. in Global Leadership program presents the Global Leadership Video Series. These talks and keynote presentations, given during residency weekends, cover various topics within the field of global leadership. Past keynote speakers have included Dr. Allan Bird, Dr. Mark Mendenhall, and Dr. Joyce Osland.