Ph.D. Faculty & Staff
Please refer to the information below when contacting one of our staff. Admissions inquiries can be directed to our Director of Admissions.
Program Leadership & Staff
Dr. Joshua Long
Interim Director, Associate Professor
phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 2433
office: Keene Building, 345
- Ph.D., Education, Capella University
- M.A., Economics, Walsh College
- M.B.A., Management & Marketing, Indiana Tech
Research Specialties: Economics education; monetary economics; higher education; adult learning theory; community colleges; leadership. Qualitative/Quantitative Research Methods.
Dr. Yulia Tolstikov-Mast
Associate Professor, Lead Faculty
phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 2447
office: Keene Building, 344
- Ph.D., Communication (Organizational and Intercultural focus), The University of Memphis
- M.A., Professional Communication, Purdue University at Fort Wayne
Research Specialties: Global followership; Russian followership; leadership and culture; doctoral education (scientific integrity and disciplinary development); Russian business class; organizational culture and global leadership; international leadership research. Qualitative/Quantitative Research Methods.
Cammi Edmiston, MSM, PMP
Assistant Director, Ph.D. Program
phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 2236
office: Keene Building, 342
Kristin Conley, MSL
Director of Ph.D. Admissions
phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 3417
office: Keene Building, 343
phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 3430
office: Keene Building, 341
Dr. Douglas A. Barcalow
- Ed.D., Adult & Continuing Education, North Illinois University
- M.A., Christian Education, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
Research Specialties: Global curricular development; educational foundation; youth ministry; contemporary college students. Qualitative Research Method.
Dr. Franziska Bieri
- Ph.D., Sociology, Emory University
- Matura Degree in Modern Languages, Gymnasium Alpenstrasse, Switzerland
Research Specialties: Global social movements; corporate social responsibility; multi-stakeholder initiatives; tripartite governance; philanthropic giving; comparative labor markets and educational systems; school-to-work transitions. Quantitative (Survey research, international comparative analysis with panel data; regression analysis) and Qualitative (In-depth interviews; content analysis; case study research).
Dr. Aaron Cooley
- Ph.D., Education, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hil
- M.A., Education, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Research Specialties: Global leadership and ethic; organizational change and management; higher education law and policy; higher education leadership and student affairs; comparative higher education; politics and leadership. Qualitative Research Method (e.g., case studies); Mixed Methods.
Dr. Christie Cooper
- Ph.D., Communication Studies-Organizational Communication, University of Texas at Austin
- M.A., Communication Studies-Organizational Communication, University of Memphis
- M.F.A., Theatre-Directing, University of Memphis
Research Specialties: Leadership in pedagogical practice, identity concepts and organizational membership, conflict management communication. Quantitative Research Method (Organizational identity concepts, small group communication, foundational research concepts, quantitative analysis, mediation, and negotiation).
Dr. Emily Daniels
- Ph.D., Teaching, Curriculum, & Change, University of Rochester
- M.A., Social Justice in Intercultural Relations, School for International Training
Research Interests: Women and leadership; social justice and social change; race, class and gender in cross-cultural contexts; testimonios; transformative education. Qualitative Research Methods (Phenomenological research; ethnography; in-depth interviews; narrative research; case studies).
Dr. Steve Dusseau
Professor of Industrial and Mechanical Engineering
phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 2228
office: Zollner Engineering Center, 005
- Ph.D., Engineering Management, University of Missouri – Rolla
- MBA, Northwest Missouri State University
Quantitative Research Method.
Dr. Matthew Kutz
- Ph.D., Global Leadership, Lynn University
- M.S., University of Toledo
- M.Ed., University of Toledo
Research Specialties: Healthcare leadership; leadership competencies; contextual intelligence; change management; leadership culture. Quantitative Research Method/Mixed Methods (i.e. Delphi Technique).
Dr. Staci Lugar Brettin
phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 2140
office: Cunningham Business Center, Room 210
- D.B.A., Marketing, Anderson University
- M.B.A., Bethel College
Research Specialties: Market-oriented strategy; women’s leadership; design thinking; entrepreneurial learning communities; business model innovation; instructional design and innovation. Quantitative/Qualitative Research Methods.
Dr. Amy Lyndon
- Ph.D., Social Psychology, University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- M.A., Social Psychology, University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- Graduate Certificate, Women & Gender Studies, University of North Carolina at Greensboro
Research Specialties: Global women leaders; intimate partner violence; stalking and bullying; human trafficking; stigma of mental illness and prejudice, etc. Quantitative/Qualitative Research Methods.
Dr. Jennifer Murnane
- Ph.D., Family & Consumer Sciences Education, Iowa State University
- M.B.A., Management, University of Nebraska
- Graduate Certificate, Family Financial Planning, Iowa State University
Research Specialties: Nonprofit leadership; knowledge leadership; knowledge management; knowledge sharing; human capital management; organizational performance; applied management; consumer education. Qualitative Research Method (Narrative, grounded theory, case study, naturalistic inquiry, phenomenology quantitative research, survey, quasi-experiment).
Dr. Faith Ngunjiri
- Ed.D., Leadership Studies, Bowling Green State University
- Master of Organization Development, Bowling Green State University
- M.A., Missions Studies, Nairobi Evangelical Graduate School of Theology
Research Specialties: Spirituality and leadership; tempered radicals; African/African American women in leadership; servant leadership; leadership and culture; leadership and social identity; leadership in religious institutions; corporate social responsibility; culturally relevant research methods; autoethnography research practice; women as global leaders. Qualitative Research Method.
Dr. Elaine Pontillo
- Ph.D., Curriculum & Supervision, University of Pittsburgh
- M.A., Counselor Education, University of Pittsburgh
- M.Ed., Secondary Education, Trinity College (CT)
Research Specialties: Higher education administration; higher education accreditation/legal aspects. Qualitative/Quantitative Research Methods.
Dr. James Schaffer
phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 2429
office: Cunningham Business Center, 311b
- Ph.D., Indiana University, Leadership in Higher Education Administration and Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Advanced Graduate Study, Harvard University Administration, Planning and Social Policy
- M.S., Oklahoma State University, Leadership in Higher Education Administration
Research Specialties: Executive coaching; executive derailment; leadership development; positive psychology.
Dr. Michelle Scott
- Ed.D. Higher Education Administration (2007), Morgan State University
- M.A. Organizational Management (2004), University of Phoenix
- M.L.S. Employee Relations Law (1986), Antioch Law School
Research Specialties: Educational policy; governance; organizational development; organizational leadership; corporate social responsibility; higher education administration; community college leadership; case study approach to research. Qualitative Research Method.
Dr. Arthur Snyder
University President Emeritus, Adjunct Faculty
- Ed.D., Innovation & Leadership, Wilmington University
- M.B.A., Strategic Management, Barry University
Research Specialties: Global higher education policy; leading large organizations; executive leadership in higher education; conflict management; organizational behavior; intuitive leadership. Quantitative/Qualitative Research Methods.
Dr. Jennie Walker
- Ph.D., Higher Education, University of Denver
- M.A., Mass Communication, University of Colorado at Boulder
Research Specialties: Global leadership; global leadership development; executive leadership; cross-cultural management; HRM; organizational development; humanistic learning approaches. Qualitative Research Method; Mixed Methods.
Dr. Jonathan Westover
- Ph.D., Sociology, University of Utah
- M.P.A., Human Resources Management, Brigham Young University
- Graduate Demography Certificate, University of Utah
- Graduate Higher Education Teaching Specialist Certificate, University of Utah
Research Specialties: Strategic international human resource management; performance management; organizational development; international political economy; global comparative employee engagement/motivation/job satisfaction; organizational leadership/ethics; organizational diversity; corporate social responsibility. Quantitative/Qualitative Research Methods.
Dr. Brenda Williams
- Ed.D., Higher Education Administration, The George Washington University
- M.A. Ed. & H.D., Rehabilitation Counseling, The George Washington University
Research Specialties: Disability studies; employment of college students with disabilities; community college leadership; hermeneutic phenomenological approach to research. Qualitative Research Method.