Ph.D. Faculty & Staff
Please refer to the information below when contacting one of our staff. Admissions inquiries can be directed to our Director of Admissions.
Program Leadership & Staff
Director of the Ph.D. Program, Associate Professor
phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 2446
office: Keene Building, 345
- Ed.D., Educational Administration, Ball State University
- M.A., Health, Physical Education and Administration, Ball State University
Research Specialties: Women in leadership; dynamics in coaching and leadership; team dynamics and success; advancement best practices; leadership impact and efficacy. Mixed Methods.
Associate Professor, Global Leadership
phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 3458
office: Keene Building, 336
- Ph.D., Education (International and Comparative Education focus), Cornell University
- M.Ed., International Educational Development, Teachers College, Columbia University
Research Specialties: Global citizenship; Intercultural competency; International institutions and global governance; Cross-cultural communication; Peace and human rights learning; Doctoral education (conceptual frameworks and publication support); Global education policy; Diversity and inclusion; Gender dimensions of leadership. Qualitative and Mixed Methods Research Design.
Assistant Director, Ph.D. Program
phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 2236
office: Keene Building, 342
Director of Ph.D. Admissions
phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 3417
office: Keene Building, 335
Administrative Assistant, Ph.D. Program
phone: 260.422.5561 ext. 3445
office: Keene Building, 341
- Ed.D., Adult & Continuing Education, North Illinois University
- M.A., Christian Education, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
Research Specialties: Global curricular development; educational foundation; youth ministry; contemporary college students. Qualitative Research Method.
- Ph.D., Sociology, Emory University
- Matura Degree in Modern Languages, Gymnasium Alpenstrasse, Switzerland
Research Specialties: Global social movements; corporate social responsibility; multi-stakeholder initiatives; tripartite governance; philanthropic giving; comparative labor markets and educational systems; school-to-work transitions. Quantitative (Survey research, international comparative analysis with panel data; regression analysis) and Qualitative (In-depth interviews; content analysis; case study research).
- Ph.D., Education, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hil
- M.A., Education, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Research Specialties: Global leadership and ethic; organizational change and management; higher education law and policy; higher education leadership and student affairs; comparative higher education; politics and leadership. Qualitative Research Method (e.g., case studies); Mixed Methods.
- Ph.D., Communication Studies-Organizational Communication, University of Texas at Austin
- M.A., Communication Studies-Organizational Communication, University of Memphis
- M.F.A., Theatre-Directing, University of Memphis
Research Specialties: Leadership in pedagogical practice, identity concepts and organizational membership, conflict management communication. Quantitative Research Method (Organizational identity concepts, small group communication, foundational research concepts, quantitative analysis, mediation, and negotiation).
- Ph.D., Teaching, Curriculum, & Change, University of Rochester
- M.A., Social Justice in Intercultural Relations, School for International Training
Research Interests: Women and leadership; social justice and social change; race, class and gender in cross-cultural contexts; testimonios; transformative education. Qualitative Research Methods (Phenomenological research; ethnography; in-depth interviews; narrative research; case studies).
Professor of Industrial and Mechanical Engineering
phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 2228
office: Zollner Engineering Center, 005
- Ph.D. Global Leadership & Change, Pepperdine University
- M.A. Organizational Management, University of Phoenix
Research Specialties: Organizational theory with
a special focus on global and entrepreneurial leadership development; individual and
organizational change; adult learning;
transformative learning in experiential learning environments. Qualitative Research Methods.
- Ph.D., Global Leadership, Lynn University
- M.S., University of Toledo
- M.Ed., University of Toledo
Research Specialties: Healthcare leadership; leadership competencies; contextual intelligence; change management; leadership culture. Quantitative Research Method/Mixed Methods (i.e. Delphi Technique).
Associate Professor of Economics
phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 2433
office: Cunningham Business Center, Room 215A
- Ph.D., Education, Capella University
- M.A., Economics, Walsh College
- M.B.A., Management & Marketing, Indiana Institute of Technology
Research Specialties: Economics education; monetary economics; higher education; adult learning theory; community colleges; leadership. Qualitative/Quantitative Research Methods.
phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 2140
office: Cunningham Business Center, Room 210
- D.B.A., Marketing, Anderson University
- M.B.A., Bethel College
Research Specialties: Market-oriented strategy; women’s leadership; design thinking; entrepreneurial learning communities; business model innovation; instructional design and innovation. Quantitative/Qualitative Research Methods.
- Ph.D., Social Psychology, University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- M.A., Social Psychology, University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- Graduate Certificate, Women & Gender Studies, University of North Carolina at Greensboro
Research Specialties: Global women leaders; intimate partner violence; stalking and bullying; human trafficking; stigma of mental illness and prejudice, etc. Quantitative/Qualitative Research Methods.
- Ph.D., Family & Consumer Sciences Education, Iowa State University
- M.B.A., Management, University of Nebraska
- Graduate Certificate, Family Financial Planning, Iowa State University
Research Specialties: Nonprofit leadership; knowledge leadership; knowledge management; knowledge sharing; human capital management; organizational performance; applied management; consumer education. Qualitative Research Method (Narrative, grounded theory, case study, naturalistic inquiry, phenomenology quantitative research, survey, quasi-experiment).
- Ed.D., Leadership Studies, Bowling Green State University
- Master of Organization Development, Bowling Green State University
- M.A., Missions Studies, Nairobi Evangelical Graduate School of Theology
Research Specialties: Spirituality and leadership; tempered radicals; African/African American women in leadership; servant leadership; leadership and culture; leadership and social identity; leadership in religious institutions; corporate social responsibility; culturally relevant research methods; autoethnography research practice; women as global leaders. Qualitative Research Method.
- D.Phil., Educational Studies (Comparative and International Education Focus), University of Oxford
- M.A., Sociology, Boston College
Global leadership; comparative and international education,; education and international development; impact investment; educational finance; education technologies; online learning; learning strategies; curriculum development. Qualitative and Mixed Methods Research Design.
- Ph.D., Curriculum & Supervision, University of Pittsburgh
- M.A., Counselor Education, University of Pittsburgh
- M.Ed., Secondary Education, Trinity College (CT)
Research Specialties: Higher education administration; higher education accreditation/legal aspects. Qualitative/Quantitative Research Methods.
phone: 260.422.5561, ext. 2429
office: Cunningham Business Center, 311b
- Ph.D., Indiana University, Leadership in Higher Education Administration and Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Advanced Graduate Study, Harvard University Administration, Planning and Social Policy
- M.S., Oklahoma State University, Leadership in Higher Education Administration
Research Specialties: Executive coaching; executive derailment; leadership development; positive psychology.
- Ed.D. Higher Education Administration (2007), Morgan State University
- M.A. Organizational Management (2004), University of Phoenix
- M.L.S. Employee Relations Law (1986), Antioch Law School
Research Specialties: Educational policy; governance; organizational development; organizational leadership; corporate social responsibility; higher education administration; community college leadership; case study approach to research. Qualitative Research Method.
- Ed.D., Interdisciplinary Leadership Studies, Creighton University
- M.S., Strategic Intelligence, National Intelligence University
- M.S., Political and International Relations, Troy University
Research Specialties: Organizational behavior; trust; expatriate leadership; cross-cultural leadership; women’s leadership; government administration and policy; strategic planning. Qualitative Research Methods.
University President Emeritus, Adjunct Faculty
- Ed.D., Innovation & Leadership, Wilmington University
- M.B.A., Strategic Management, Barry University
Research Specialties: Global higher education policy; leading large organizations; executive leadership in higher education; conflict management; organizational behavior; intuitive leadership. Quantitative/Qualitative Research Methods.
- Ph.D., Higher Education, University of Denver
- M.A., Mass Communication, University of Colorado at Boulder
Research Specialties: Global leadership; global leadership development; executive leadership; cross-cultural management; HRM; organizational development; humanistic learning approaches. Qualitative Research Method; Mixed Methods.
- Ed.D., Higher Education Administration, The George Washington University
- M.A. Ed. & H.D., Rehabilitation Counseling, The George Washington University
Research Specialties: Disability studies; employment of college students with disabilities; community college leadership; hermeneutic phenomenological approach to research. Qualitative Research Method.