Credit Transfer Policy
Credit transfer requests can be considered after a student has successfully completed at least one session of the Indiana Tech Ph.D. in Global Leadership program. However, a preliminary review of a prospective student’s coursework can be completed prior to application, if desired.
Credit Transfer Guidelines
- Up to 12 doctoral credits from a regionally accredited graduate school may be transferred toward a 60-credit Ph.D. in Global Leadership.
- Up to six master’s level credits from a regionally accredited graduate school may be transferred, but these six credits must have been earned beyond the initial graduate degree. Credits from the first/single master’s degree are not considerable for transfer.
- Course credit must be fewer than seven years old to be considered for transfer.
- The minimum grade of B (3.0) or equivalency will be considered for transfer credit.
- Students may not transfer courses graded on a nonstandard basis (e.g., pass/no pass, credit/no credit, satisfactory/unsatisfactory) to their graduate certificate or degree programs unless it can be verified from the registrar of the prior university that the grade is equivalent to a B (3.0) or better.
- Transfer of previous coursework to Ph.D. program requirements must meet strict standards. Coursework must have global elements.
Procedure for Requesting Transfer Credit
Requests for transfer credit should be directed in writing to the Ph.D. program.
- Complete a Credit Transfer Request Form. Please only list courses that your past program will endorse for use in a graduate program of study. Do not submit undergraduate courses for consideration even if your prior university allowed them to be used to meet degree requirements.
- Provide official course descriptions for each course submitted for transfer.
- Provide official transcripts.
Official transcripts (for all courses to be transferred from other institutions) must be on file in the Ph.D. in Global Leadership offices before transfer credits will be considered.
When requesting transcripts from another institution, please ask that they be sent directly to the following address:
ATTN: Ph.D. Program
1600 E. Washington Blvd.
Fort Wayne, IN 46803